Director, Business DevelopmentBusiness Development, New York
Reporting to the President and Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Business Development will conduct business and market analysis to inform strategy and new business decisions, then source and manage relationships with business partners to execute those strategy and business decisions. The focus of your work will be in digital video distribution, game distribution and advertising, with an eye toward fostering the broad distribution of Eko’s platform and content and accelerating sales of Eko’s emotionally intelligent ads. If you have an analytical mind, love developing new relationships and blazing new trails in interactive storytelling, we are looking for you.
- Conduct market and business analysis to inform strategic and business decisions relating to distribution partnerships, new sales opportunities that extend beyond the standard model, ad tech partnerships, and other topics as needed.
- Define, source, negotiate, close, and manage relationships with distribution and affiliate partners (such as Apple, Steam, Google, Snapchat, Facebook, web publishers, video distributors, cable companies, VR distributors)
- Define strategy and source and close partnerships to measure the effectiveness of Eko’s emotionally intelligent ads within interactive content, and define industry standards for engagement-based interactive video advertising.
- Analyze and evaluate new opportunities that fall outside of current business priorities and develop plans to capitalize on them in collaboration with the Eko senior team.
- Track record of superlative achievement in business, leadership, and/or entertainment
- 7-10 years of progressive and hands-on experience closing deals and managing partnerships in the internet affiliate and/or video entertainment space
- Working knowledge of the digital video entertainment and gaming spaces, and a vision for the industry’s future evolution
- Working knowledge of the ad-tech ecosystem, particularly as it relates to video
- Experience in a startup environment
- MBA or JD from a top school
- Ideally, experience working with major content funders and/or distributors such as Facebook, Google, Verizon, AT&T, AOL, Snapchat, etc.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.