Accounting ManagerGeneral & Administration, New York
eko makes great tech that tells great stories, and we use that tech to run the world's only streaming service where all the content is interactive. Now, we need an Accounting Manager who is passionate about working on the cutting edge of tech and entertainment to help us build this whole new medium.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for managing the US Accounting operations as well as related analysis and reporting . This position will be based out of eko’s New York Office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage monthly accounting close process for eko and related entities using Quickbooks Online
- Assist with consolidation of wholly owned businesses plus the majority owned joint-venture
- Assist with management reporting, and presentation packages including variance analysis and cash flow forecasting
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Payables
- Assist with bi-monthly payroll processing with PEO provider and review of travel and entertainment expenses using Expensify
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing
- Assist with annual budget, and quarterly reforecasting
- Assist with non-routine, and ad hoc projects
- Review participation statements and residuals payments
- Supervise A/P and Residuals Analyst
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE HAS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, CPA/MBA is a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and accounting frameworks as well as experience working with a PEO/HR provider such as Trinet
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, transaction import tools and related integrations (e.g. Expensify)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (with a focus on being an advanced Excel user), Dropbox, and Google products with knowledge of Asana as a plus
- Experience in a new media/traditional media environment
- Proactive, effective problem-solver (identify issues and suggests solutions), and detail-oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills (can multitask and prioritize)
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
WHO WE ARE
We believe viewer-centric, actually-interactive entertainment is going to change the way we live, and we partner with major studios, creators, talent, and brands to make it a reality. Our authoring tool is available (for free) at eko Studio, where independent creators are making waves with their own content. Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures, Warner Music Group, WPP, and Walmart. The company is based in NYC with offices in Tel Aviv.
At eko, we believe we're all artists. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, so we can represent everyone trying to build a more creative future. We are an equal opportunity employer, considering all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans), sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.Apply here
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.