Director, Business DevelopmentDistribution & Partnerships, New York
If you enjoy building relationships, working cross-functionally, juggling multiple projects simultaneously, all while reinventing the media business, keep reading.
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on desktop, mobile, connected TVs, and VR. Eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko's platform.
Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, Marker, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Music Group, and WPP. The company (and position) is based in New York with offices in Tel Aviv.
As the Business Development Director, you will serve as a leader and liaison between Eko’s strategic partners and internal teams. Your role will be to continue building current relationships with distribution and content partners to grow Eko’s distribution footprint and success. You will be tasked with identifying new strategic partners, negotiating deals as necessary, operationalizing and managing relationships. You must be excellent at prioritization and ready to shift focus when necessary.
- Identifying & Establishing: Understand Eko’s goals and be creative in identifying partners who can help us be successful in achieving our goals. Establish relationships with distribution partners big and small and large content funders/IP holders. Requires expertise in, and a broad view of, digital media, and an ability to think both out of the box and on the fly.
- Negotiating: Negotiate distribution, co-marketing and other partnership structures that haven’t been invented yet to support Eko’s goals. Requires good understanding of partner goals, grit and creativity.
- Operationalizing: In addition to identifying partnership structures that haven’t been invented yet, you’ll also need to figure out how to get them up and running inside Eko, collaborating across teams and working with existing priorities. A collaborative spirit is key.
- Optimizing: Own the ongoing relationships with our partners to continually identify and create new opportunities for growth. Work with partners to land features, promotion, additional funding, marketing support, and ancillary revenue. Analyze performance and value across partners, and use the data to inform partnership strategy.
- Minimum of 7 years experience with distribution and/or content partnerships at a media company.
- Proven ability to create partnerships and close meaningful deals.
- Experience strapping a saddle on chaos.
- A communication whiz, whether presenting live, emailing or creating slides.
- Excellent analytical skills paired with creativity.
- Negotiation skills that focus on the win-win.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.