Creative Director, Brand Partnerships and MarketingCreative, New York
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on desktop, mobile, connected TVs, and VR. Eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a large and growing community of creators who are crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko’s medium.
Eko is looking for a Creative Director of Brand Partnerships and Marketing to join its creative team. If you are passionate about working on the cutting edge of both tech and entertainment, read on.
The Creative Director of Brand Partnerships (BP) and Marketing will provide the creative vision, and lead creative direction of brand work and marketing campaigns — from initial ideation through to delivery.
BP currently focuses on two categories of creative: bespoke advertising that runs within Eko original content (“Sparks”) and interactive branded video experiences (“Extended Sparks”).
The marketing department’s mandate is to execute successful promotion campaigns for Eko original series to a consumer audience in addition to leading Eko brand marketing and new business initiatives.
The Creative Director will collaborate with the Director of BP and work directly with the VP of marketing, as well as with Creative Directors from outside creative agencies and production companies, to guide and guard Eko’s standards of creative excellence.
The Creative Director will provide creative direction to all external vendors and agencies as they ideate, develop and produce Sparks and marketing campaigns to deliver results within the budget and timeline constraints.
- Prepare the creative briefs that will guide external agencies and vendors for conception and/or production.
- Lead the creative proposals to brands, together with the sales team, for each new potential brand campaign.
- Review potential external partners and advise on the best partner for each brand/marketing campaign.
- Review agency work for creative strength and confirm they meet stated KPI’s. Provide notes and approve concepts, scripts, design, pre-production assets, edits and interactive elements for all marketing and Sparks projects.
- Align with series creators to ensure their DNA is part of the marketing/Sparks campaign being produced (either with their creative insight or buy-in or through some involvement in the conception and production).
- Participate in the creation of the marketing strategy and content distribution strategy with the VP of Marketing and VP of Distribution to direct the creative outputs that will deliver the most successful marketing campaigns for original series.
- Lead the evolution and development of Sparks as a product along with the sales, product and creative teams, implementing brand feedback and consumer response, and any other applicable data, to improve, refine, and re-invent creative and models for revenue.
- Minimum 4 years in a Creative Director role at an advertising or marketing agency.
- Ability to develop and present ideas both internally and to brand and agency partners, both on strategy and creative execution.
- Experience with video and digital development and production process and ability to provide relevant feedback at each key milestone.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.