Development ExecutiveCreative, New York
If you have experience developing scripted entertainment and want to help define the future of filmed, interactive storytelling, this opportunity is worth your serious consideration.
Our creative team is responsible for developing compelling scripted and unscripted stories across a range of genres. We work to push the boundaries of interactive storytelling, and we’re looking for a Development Executive to join our growing team.
This creative executive will craft what works for the audience of this new medium, develop the content, and deliver the shows. Reporting to the Director of Creative Development, s/he will take full responsibility for multiple projects from a high volume development slate. This team member should feel excited to work autonomously, take initiative, manage multiple projects at varying stages of the development process, and work creatively with our third party creative/production partners to make entertaining and delightful experiences. The candidate should be just as comfortable in a brainstorming session with a writer as s/he is giving constructive notes on a script or outline draft. While this specific position requires a background in traditional series development, members of our creative team do best when they have a passion for learning new things. Script development is just one core element of delivering high-quality interactive projects, and once trained, an Eko Development Executive will be able to confidently steer the user experience and interactivity of a project, as well as story and character.
It’s a remarkable time to be joining Eko as we strive to transform the way video storytelling works.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Oversee the creative development of scripted and unscripted interactive series from kick-off through production and delivery.
- Direct everything from initial concepts, outlines, scripts, user experience flows, and prototypes to edits and casting.
- (Note, we’ll train you on elements of the role that differ from work at a traditional (boring) studio.)
- Train and support new creators/producers on our handbook of interactive best practices.
- Collaborate with Eko production team to ensure timeline goals are met.
- Review incoming pitches and identify which projects to move into our development slate.
- Collaborate across departments (e.g. marketing, distribution, etc) to ensure all projects in development are aligned with Eko’s content strategy and creative standards.
- Become an expert on the interactive media landscape and work to keep Eko at the forefront of the industry.
- 4-8 years of development experience with a large, established production company and/or network/studio on multiple scripted shows for broadcast and cable.
- A track record of outstanding editorial judgment and creative communication skills, with an emphasis on script, story, dramatic structure and character development in scripted series.
- Extensive experience giving notes to high-level creators/producers and an understanding of how to manage creative relationships.
- Strong relationships in the tv/film industry to help identify and source new creators, as well as package existing projects.
- Extra credit:
- Experience working with and/or passion for video games, interactive storytelling, and other boundary-pushing non-linear content.
- A demonstrated belief that creators can do more with video than is being done today.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.