Director, HRG&A, NYC
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on desktop, mobile, connected TVs, and VR. Eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko's platform.
Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, Marker, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Music Group, and WPP. The company (and position) is based in NYC with offices in Tel Aviv.
As the HR Director, you will oversee talent acquisition, talent development and retention, people operations, and company culture.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to attract, hire, and retain top talent to serve departmental and company needs and build an inclusive team that reflects the diverse nature of Eko’s consumer audience.
- In conjunction with the Eko corporate marketing efforts, develop and convey to recruiting candidates the value proposition of working at Eko.
Talent Development and Retention
- Lead and drive a high performance, high growth staff mindset that focuses on individual development and career growth.
- Develop and implement appropriate training and development initiatives, to include special departmental training, management coaching and development, new hire orientation and on-boarding, as well as off-boarding.
- Lead all people development activities including compensation planning, the performance review process, review cycles, etc. in a fashion that is continuously aligned with Eko’s business and operational goals.
- Identify, implement, and manage technology solutions and relevant programs and data driven measurement tools for both People Operations, as well as departmental, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Execute necessary activities and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local government Human Resource laws and regulations.
- Manage Eko’s employee benefits plans and related policies, as well as company perquisites.
- Embrace, champion, and enhance Eko’s culture, helping the team continually live our values through effective programs and internal communications to promote morale and achieve our goals.
- Partner with department heads to become a trusted advisor and coach to help the departments grow and execute as effectively as possible.
- Achieved a minimum of 8+ years of People Operations, compensation and benefits, and total rewards programs or related experience in start-up and entrepreneurial environments, ideally within the digital media industry.
- Experienced in developing diversity and inclusion programs, learning and development initiatives, succession planning and performance management.
- Experienced in developing and managing effective compensation, incentive compensation, benefits, and reward and recognition programs.
- Is excited to drive strategic directions and is able to work independently, roll-up your sleeves to perform original and detailed work, multi-task, meet deadlines, and handle confidential records and issues appropriately.
- Possesses a deep network in both your specialty and, ideally, the digital media industry, to tap into expertise in compensation, benefits, incentive programs, and human resources policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of People Operations related regulations, laws, industry trends, practices, and developments.
- Analytically focused with excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Collaborative, empathetic, can handle ambiguity well, problem solver, strong-minded, good listener, and people oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.