Director, MediaMarketing, New York
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on desktop, mobile, connected TVs, and VR. Eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko's platform.
Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, Marker, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Music Group, and WPP. The company (and position) is based in New York with offices in Tel Aviv.
Eko is looking for a Director of Media who should maximize brand share of voice and drive traffic / revenue for eko's original content. Based on marketing strategy, he /she is responsible to deliver one seamless consumer journey by integrating brand media with commerce media in an integrated campaign. The candidate should always seek for innovative ideas to build audiences for eko while collaborating with agencies and other marketing functions in addition to planning and executing all media channels effectively to hit marketing and JV's KPI's.
He/She will be responsible for cultivating client and media relationships specifically at senior levels. This individual is responsible for being the “ultimate” media consultant to the client for the integration of the marketing verticals in the shows and to successfully deploy tactics to build audiences for the eko platform.
The individual must stay on top of current trends, particularly in relation to new distribution channels. This involves exploring all of the social media platforms and understanding how they can each be used in the context of meeting a the show/platform needs.
He/She will collaborate with the VP Marketing in crafting the components of a campaign, launching the campaign and measuring the campaign's results, creating data-driven marketing plans. They will be responsible to set the appropriate Key Performance Indicators for a campaign, as well as making sense of campaign results.
Who you are:
- A builder with leadership skills, ability and appetite to bring people together.
- Open and collaborative: our team is close-knit and supportive and working with a lot of unknowns.
- An experimenter: We are doing something new and you must be ridiculously comfortable with ambiguity. You'll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation.
- Optimistic and resilient: dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less: we all wear the hats that need wearing, it's a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Okay with being wrong, and right: this isn't a role that you'll be able to take what you learned somewhere else and copy onto this role. We want someone willing to collaborate and think strategically in team building and best practices.
What you'll need:
- 9+ years of experience in media and communication strategy.
- Powerful communication skills both in your writing and your presenting; compelling, persuasive.
- Track record of managing teams. The number is less important than how effective of a manager you were bringing out the best in people.
- Lover of data and analytics, not as a wrap-report but key insights.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.