Director, Brand and Marketing CommunicationsMarketing, New York
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly engaged, digitally native audiences. Our award-winning shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; and are viewable on desktop, mobile, connected TV’s, and VR. Eko Studios, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko’s platform.
We’re building an ecosystem of engaged participants, forward-thinking creators, and innovative brands to pioneer the future of entertainment. Today's top storytellers and studios are signing on with Eko to use its one-of-a-kind platform to push the boundaries of interactivity and user engagement (e.g. the Duplass brothers, MGM). As brands strive to become the new broadcasters and are heavily investing in content, we are showing what is possible when we mix entertainment with commerce -- and are proud to be partnering with Walmart, the world’s leading retailer.
Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, Marker, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Music Group, and WPP. The company (and position) is based in New York with offices in Tel Aviv.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving, international start-up that is at the forefront of the future of content -- we’re building the media company of the future. For the right candidates, this is a career-defining opportunity to be an early employee and marketing leader of a true rocketship.
- Responsible for all public perception, strategic communications and publicity related to the company and its interactive serial experiences. Define/refine company and brand positioning/messaging.
- Define and manage the company’s strategic communications plan including events, speaking engagements, public announcements, award submissions, etc.
- Public relations - Manage relationships with public relations agency(ies) to earn coverage for Eko as a company and individual Eko shows to achieve maximum and positive exposure.
- Events - Conceive, plan, and execute consumer and trade events that generate awareness and excitement for Eko’s consumer offering, it’s individual shows, and the company in general. This include “owned” events and non-owned events where Eko is a participating sponsor.
- Manage company communications - Define, refine, and manage the company’s persistent presence with its constituents including the company website, CRM activities (including consumers and trade audiences), and other channels as needed.
- Ideate and manage company B2B communications - corporate portions of our website, marketing collateral/materials, company presentations, speaking engagements, etc.
- Develop toolkits and messaging hierarchy in regards to communications with Audience, Brands, B2B Partners, Key Accounts, Internal Communications, Shareholders.
- Minimum 8-12 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent writing skills. Must have strong experience writing and refining content across multiple business communications (audiences, B2B partners, brand, stakeholders, etc).
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced/ fast growth environment.
- Strong agency and partner management skills. Strong negotiator (never accepts first offer); experience managing PR and Event/Experiential agencies.
- Able to build/manage a team and set effective KPIs to meet company goals.
- Track record of successfully managing people. The number is less important than how effective of a manager you were bringing out the best in people.
- ROI mindset; dives into the program analysis to insure spend effectiveness and tactic efficacy; very comfortable with interpreting data, finding the patterns, and course-correcting on the fly.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for the media & entertainment industry; very relevant with pop culture and the latest trends.
We strap a saddle on chaos, hit 'unrealistic' goals, act passionately, help each other flourish, learn quickly, trust our guts, trust each other, speak our minds, believe in a creative approach to everything, and respectfully break and rewrite rules. We are reinventing storytelling forever.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.