Director, Performance MarketingMarketing, New York
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly engaged, digitally native audiences. Our award-winning shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; and are viewable on desktop, mobile, connected TV’s, and VR. Eko Studios, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko’s platform.
We’re building an ecosystem of engaged participants, forward-thinking creators, and innovative brands to pioneer the future of entertainment. Today's top storytellers and studios are signing on with Eko to use its one-of-a-kind platform to push the boundaries of interactivity and user engagement (e.g. the Duplass brothers, MGM). As brands strive to become the new broadcasters and are heavily investing in content, we are showing what is possible when we mix entertainment with commerce -- and are proud to be partnering with Walmart, the world’s leading retailer.
Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, Marker, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Music Group, and WPP. The company (and position) is based in New York with offices in Tel Aviv.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving, international start-up that is at the forefront of the future of content -- we’re building the media company of the future. For the right candidates, this is a career-defining opportunity to be an early employee and marketing leader of a true rocketship.
- Ideate, create, and execute a strategic marketing growth plan to maximize brand share of voice and build audience/usage of Eko’s original content. Seek innovative ideas to build audience while collaborating with agencies and other marketing functions in executing all media channels effectively.
- Define/manage all paid marketing activity to minimize user acquisition cost for Eko Originals and Marketing Franchises in building Eko's user acquisition marketing system. Build a marketing machine and scale to hit KPIs related to audience growth and marketing effectiveness.
- Own all paid performance marketing channels and day-to-day stewardship of the budget; maximize spend efficiencies through continuous process improvements and oversight including maintaining quantitative models of performance across funnel stages and channels.
- Create a test-and-learn culture to determine ROI and most effective channels. Improve effectiveness in current paid performance channels (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube,) and expand into new channels.
- Work collaboratively to create and test messaging and creative for multiple audiences and engagements/channels.
- Source and manage media agencies, performance marketing agencies, and other external performance marketing partners.
- 8-12 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience driving digital/mobile content consumption (with an emphasis on video) with a strong ROI mindset.
- Advanced strategic media mix skillset. Can think critically about how the mix of channels work together to achieve goals. Able to be hands-on as well as provide strategic direction.
- Strong agency and partner management skills. Strong negotiating skills.
- Analytical mindset to analyze and drive growth; very comfortable with interpreting data, finding the patterns, and course-correcting on the fly.
- An experimenter: We are doing something new and you must be ridiculously comfortable with ambiguity. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation.
- Track record of successfully managing people. The number is less important than how effective of a manager you were bringing out the best in people.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for the media & entertainment industry; very relevant with pop culture and the latest trends.
We strap a saddle on chaos, hit 'unrealistic' goals, act passionately, help each other flourish, learn quickly, trust our guts, trust each other, speak our minds, believe in a creative approach to everything, and respectfully break and rewrite rules. We are reinventing storytelling forever.Apply here
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.