JV Director of FinanceEko and Walmart JV partnership, New York
eko and Walmart together recently announced a major Joint Venture partnership in which the two will work together to create engaging interactive entertainment content that delights consumers and leads to commerce and other opportunities.
eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on mobile, desktop, connected TVs, and VR. eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with eko's platform.
Walmart helps families save money and live better - anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Through innovation, Walmart is creating a seamless experience to let customers shop anytime and anywhere online, through mobile devices and in stores. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. It continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity.
We are seeking a Director of Finance for a newly created joint venture (“JV”) to provide accounting, forecasting, and reporting services for the JV, in collaboration with the JV’s managing partner’s accounting and finance team. This position will be based out of eko’s New York Office.
You currently serve in a controller’s group and are eager to take on greater responsibility for oversight of the financial results of a joint-venture business unit. In this role, you will gain increased exposure to senior executives within both a start-up/growth stage environment and the corporate environment of the JV’s partners. You love to collaborate within the controller’s group and with operating groups; perform both review and original work; and dive into detail but then surface and visually and orally present high-level results with clarity and precision.
The JV Director of Finance will report to the JV’s General Manager and also take direction from and collaborate with eko’s Vice President, Finance and Administration, who provides the shared services and leads finance for the JV’s consolidating partner.
- Own the general ledger, trial balance, and subsidiary reports for the JV.
- Provide the JV General Manager with financial, management, and performance reports, and all routine and ad hoc required and requested information.
- Prepare financial related reports for JV Board meetings and as per the specific needs of the respective JV investors.
- Coordinate, collaborate, and liaise with the managing partner’s accounting/finance team to successfully achieve the mutual goals of the JV’s accounting/finance requirements and the JV’s consolidation into the managing partner’s consolidated results.
- Assure compliance with financial related and other specified provisions of all JV governing agreements.
- Help design, build, and enhance presentations for JV executives and (JV and managing partner) board level audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business administration. CPA is required; MBA a plus.
- Prior/current experience in a controller’s department.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and accounting frameworks.
- Solid understanding of financial accounting and financial statement reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely report (verbally; written) financial results and their meaning customized for different audiences.
- Ability and willingness to perform original work (critical).
- Expert in Quickbooks Online.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, plus Dropbox and Google products.
- Comfortable in and accustomed to a start-up/growth stage business and office environment, skilled at creating structure in a rapidly growing business.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.