Software Developer (TLV)R&D, Tel Aviv
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly engaged, digitally native audiences. Our award-winning shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; and are viewable on desktop, mobile, connected TV’s, and VR. Eko Studios, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko’s platform.
We’re building an ecosystem of engaged participants, forward-thinking creators, and innovative brands to pioneer the future of entertainment. Today's top storytellers and studios are signing on with Eko to use its one-of-a-kind platform to push the boundaries of interactivity and user engagement (e.g. the Duplass brothers, MGM). As brands strive to become the new broadcasters and are heavily investing in content, we are showing what is possible when we mix entertainment with commerce -- and are proud to be partnering with Walmart, the world’s leading retailer.
Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, Marker, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Music Group, and WPP. The company (and position) is based in Tel Avuv with offices in New York.
Check out our website (helloeko.com) and the developers website (developer.helloeko.com) to get a sense of what it’s is all about.
To create mind-blowing experiences we expect that you're very comfortable with the following:
- Software Design - deep understanding of design patterns and ability to transform ideas into a stable working software that is testable and maintainable.
- Web Infrastructure - optimizing for fast delivery, HTTP, CDNs, browser compatibility and all that jazz.
- Front End - building responsive interfaces and making them come to life with beautiful animations. You should know when to ease-in and when to ease-out.
- Experience with ES6 would be great.
- Client side frameworks - React, Angular or Vue.
- Server side frameworks - Express or Hapi.
- CSS - preprocessors like SASS/LESS/Stylus, CSS architecture methodologies like BEM/OOCSS/SMACSS
- Experience and familiarity with the browser rendering process, Canvas, WebGL, shaders.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Israel and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
JBF Interlude 2009 Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.