JV General ManagerEko and Walmart JV partnership, New York
Eko and Walmart together recently announced a major joint venture partnership in which the two will work together to create engaging interactive entertainment content that delights consumers and leads to commerce and other opportunities.
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on mobile, desktop, connected TVs, and VR. Eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko's platform.
Walmart helps families save money and live better - anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Through innovation, Walmart is creating a seamless experience to let customers shop anytime and anywhere online, through mobile devices and in stores. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. It continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity.
The company is seeking a General Manager for the joint venture (“JV”) to manage the operating activity of the JV to achieve and exceed milestones set by the JV’s partners, in collaboration with the JV’s managing partner’s operational team.
The General Manager will communicate business needs and status with the joint venture partners (Eko & Walmart), and assure strategic and operational decisions are consistent with the JV’s governing agreements.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a start-up environment and is comfortable with formulating original solutions to challenges in achieving and surpassing goals and operational milestones. Prior success in building and managing senior level relationships, and diplomatically serving the needs of a business’ stakeholders is essential. Experience with large multinational company operating procedures and decision making processes is extremely helpful.
This position will be based out of Eko’s New York Office; some domestic travel may be required.
- Consult with the JV partners on the strategic direction of the JV and the impact of decision-making on the JV business plan.
- Collaborate with the JV’s managing partner team, providing shared services (including sales, marketing, content creation, streaming services, distribution, and G&A) to the JV to address challenges and opportunities to meet/exceed the expectations of the JV business plan.
- Assist JV’s managing partner in securing feedback and approvals as necessary from JV’s minority partner.
- In partnership with the JV director of finance, produce financial, management, performance, and ad hoc reports, providing the JV and JV partner constituents with the information necessary for timely and proper decision-making and JV oversight, according to the agreed reporting cadence.
- Execute regular reporting cadence to JV board of directors, including preparing and presenting monthly reports on progress of content production, quality, and business growth, and other reports as per the specific needs of the respective JV partners.
- Assure compliance with all applicable provisions of all JV governing agreements.
- 10+ years of experience in the media/content development industry.
- At least five years of corporate development, management consulting, or operational/project management experience.
- Operational experience in a venture stage organization.
- Exceptional communicator with ability to forge and maintain relationships with team members of various disciplines ranging from senior business executives to creative and product executives/team members.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple time sensitive initiatives.
- Highly self-motivated and accountable. Relentless in execution and follow through.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.