Office ManagerAdmin, New York
Eko, a tech and media company, is seeking an Office Manager for their New York office. The Office Manager will direct and maintain a productive and fun work environment, always prioritizing efficiency, organization, communication, and safety. A key ambassador of company culture, the Office Manager ensures employees have the tools and internal support they need, while also reinforcing policy. The ideal candidate is meticulously organized, flexible, and motivated by the idea of taking ownership of a space, including security, decor, and vendor management, all while working in a fast-moving and dynamic startup environment.
- Maintain and improve office services and processes.
- Act as main staff point-of-contact for questions regarding internal policies. Train new employees in building access, office etiquette, and hardware/software assignment.
- Manage office tidiness and environment in conjunction with building management and speciality vendors (electrical, IT, HVAC, custodial, security, etc), to ensure a comfortable, clean, and safe work environment.
- Occasionally be available outside business hours for security issues/questions.
- Coordinate meetings involving VIP guests, including company board meetings.
- Greet and orient visitors to the office.
- Prepare occasional mail/shipments/messengers and monitor occasional phone calls.
- Plan/execute events that promote company culture and recognize milestone achievements, including happy hours and birthdays.
- Keep travel and corporate event calendars up-to-date.
- Maintain office supply stock and food pantry.
- Coordinate twice-per-week catered office lunches, plus any additional catering for ad hoc or planned events.
- In conjunction with Finance, prepare annual budget forecasts for the Office Management-related cost centers. Assure spending throughout the year is consistent with the budget/reforecast.
- Provide some EA support to the President/COO. Execute special projects as requested, such as overseeing construction projects, tech upgrades, and miscellaneous errands.
- Ability to balance a friendly and accommodating demeanor with the need to firmly reinforce company policies and procedures amongst co-workers and consultants in the office space.
- Strong work ethic.
- Flexibility within a fast-paced, dynamic, and unpredictable startup environment.
- Experience in an Office Manager role is required; Executive/Administrative Assistant experience a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
At Eko, we are all artists. We strap a saddle on chaos, hit “unrealistic” goals, act passionately, help each other flourish, learn quickly, trust our guts, trust each other, speak our minds, believe in a creative approach to everything, and respectfully break and rewrite rules. We are reinventing storytelling forever.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.