Participations AnalystGeneral & Administration, New York
eko makes great tech that tells great stories, and we use that tech to run the world's only streaming service where all the content is interactive. Now, we need an Accounts Payable and Participations Analyst who is passionate about working on the cutting edge of tech and entertainment to help us build this whole new medium.
We are seeking a Participations Analyst who will be responsible for tracking, reporting, and remitting participations related to the monetization of our interactive content, as well as managing trade payables. This position will be based out of eko’s New York Office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for tracking and updating Royalties/Participations reporting for partners on a project by project basis, per contractual requirements
- Preparation and/or review of monthly account reconciliations
- Help lead the implementation of best practices on the content team to scale our business to support business expansion plans
- Develop and/or refine content accounting processes and procedures
- Support external, 3rd party and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Working with legal/assist legal during the deal making process in order to help refine the participation definition in order to make it more industry standard
- Prepare/reconcile AP schedules on a monthly basis, assist in bank reconciliations and month-end AP close
- Ensure Accounts Payable invoices are accurately coded and input into GL, are supported by relevant and approved backup documentation
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE HAS
- Relevant experience in a royalties and/or accounting function, preferably from the content and/or music industry
- CPA/MBA a plus
- Quickbooks Online experience required/Proficient in Excel
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; strong multi-tasking skills, and flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Energetic, driven, dedicated, and detail oriented
WHO WE ARE
We believe viewer-centric, actually-interactive entertainment is going to change the way we live, and we partner with major studios, creators, talent, and brands to make it a reality. Our authoring tool is available (for free) at eko Studio, where independent creators are making waves with their own content. Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures, Warner Music Group, WPP, and Walmart. The company is based in NYC with offices in Tel Aviv.
At eko, we believe we're all artists. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce, so we can represent everyone trying to build a more creative future. We are an equal opportunity employer, considering all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans), sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.Apply here
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.