Senior AccountantFinance, New York
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through Helloeko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on desktop, mobile, connected TVs, and VR. Eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a large and growing community of creators who are crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko's medium.
Eko’s financial and legal structure comprises an Israeli parent company and its wholly owned US entity, plus a majority owned US based joint-venture. The majority of operations are in the US and are based in New York City.
The New York City senior accountant will be responsible for US bookkeeping (with assistance from the Israel-based bookkeeper), the US general ledger and trial balance, and for providing assistance with the management reporting for the consolidated USA entity and the joint venture entity.
Additional responsibilities involve preparation of and/or assistance with external reporting to investors, tax authorities, and business partners.
- Own the US general ledger using Quickbooks Online.
- Assist with management reporting, including variance analysis and P&L and cash flow forecasting.
- Maintain invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Maintain expense bookkeeping, online payment set-up, and accounts payable.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review travel and entertainment expenses using Expensify.
- Assist with bi-monthly payroll processing with PEO provider.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing.
- Assist with consolidation of wholly owned businesses plus the majority owned joint-venture.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly contractual reporting to external business partners.
- Assist with non-routine and ad hoc projects.
- Assist with annual budget and periodic reforecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business administration. CPA is a plus.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online (critical) and related integrations, Transaction Pro Importer experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in a new media/traditional media environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and accounting frameworks.
- Experience with PEO HR providers.
- Proactive, effective problem-solver (identify issues and suggests solutions), detail-oriented (critical).
- Ability and willingness to handle US bookkeeping (critical).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills (can multitask and prioritize).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word plus Dropbox and Google products.
- Comfortable in and accustomed to a start-up/growth stage business and office environment.
At Eko, we are all artists. We strap a saddle on chaos, hit “unrealistic” goals, act passionately, help each other flourish, learn quickly, trust our guts, trust each other, speak our minds, believe in a creative approach to everything, and respectfully break and rewrite rules. We are reinventing storytelling forever.Apply here
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.