VP, Brand PartnershipsBusiness Development, New York
Want to be part of a company living at the intersection of disruptive technology and unrelenting creativity? Looking for an opportunity to join a fast growing, international startup that is changing the media landscape?
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on desktop, mobile, connected TVs, and VR. Eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a large and growing community of creators who are crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko's medium.
Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, Marker, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Music Group, and WPP. The company (and position) is based in New York with offices in Tel Aviv and Los Angeles.
- The VP of Brand Partnerships is a high-level business development and partnerships position that will lead revenue from brand marketers and is responsible for significantly growing and scaling the business. Eko requires a highly consultative and strategic approach to working with brand marketers, and it is important that the VP of Brand Partnerships brings an expertise of ideating and leading unique, creative, content-driven partnerships with brands, combined with a relentless focus on tactical execution. This position is part of Eko’s executive team and will report directly into the President and COO.
- The VP of Brand Partnerships will initially oversee a team of 2 (brand partnerships and pre-post sale) that works closely with brand marketers (and agencies) to generate revenue from strategic partnerships across Eko’s full-suite of content creation, branded content, and interactive video entertainment platform solutions. She/he will be responsible for meeting team revenue goals, growing the Brand Partnerships team and hiring top performers, adding new brand partners, guiding the strategic direction of interactive video ad formats and defining new standards within this evolving and groundbreaking medium – interactive video entertainment.
- The VP of Brand Partnerships initial top strategic priority will be adding new brand partners for the Eko “Spark” ad product, which is a user-initiated short video brand message, integrated within original interactive serial entertainment, specifically designed for a digital-native audience. Sparks are organic and authentic and can adapt to the emotional state of the viewer at the time they are delivered. Being integrated within the video experience, they are 100% viewable, immune to fraud, and enable the brand to pay only for performance -- real human clicks within the content.
- The VP of Brand Partnerships is a strategic partnerships and business development leader with deep experience working with senior level brand marketers and crafting strategic, complex partnerships. She/he is client facing and active in the field, and has led and executed 7-figure deal sized with brand marketers. The ideal candidate has experience building and leading teams, has a successful track record of closing big deals, a network of brand relationships, and is a self-starter, team player and highly-entrepreneurial.
- Oversee budgeting and forecasting for revenue from brands, providing regular monthly and quarterly forecasts against plan, as well as create and manage sales compensation plans, commission statements and sales expenses. The VP of Brand Partnerships will serve as a key external brand ambassador for Eko and represent Eko at industry events.
● Minimum of 10 years of business development and strategic partnership experience at a digital publisher, branded content, agency and/or multi-platform content producer.
● Minimum of three years of management experience.
● Strong C-suite and VP level relationships with brand marketers.
● Proven track record of meeting team and individual revenue goals. Proven ability to create brand partnerships and close deals, and be in the field selling with his/her team.
● Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is preferred.
● Track record of superlative achievement in business, leadership, and/or entertainment Ideal Qualifications.
● Experience in a venture-funded startup environment.
● Highly strategic, consultative approach to working with brand marketers, with a relentless focus on execution.
● Expertise crafting strategic partnerships around digital video, native ad format and/or branded content experiences.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.