VP, Development and ProductionCreative, New York
If you enjoy building relationships, working cross-functionally, juggling multiple projects simultaneously, all while reinventing the media business, keep reading.
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on desktop, mobile, connected TVs, and VR. Eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko's platform.
Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, Marker, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Music Group, and WPP. The company (and position) is based in New York with offices in Tel Aviv.
Eko is looking for a VP Development & Production to lead its content team. This senior-level creative executive will be responsible for the success of Eko’s slate of interactive programming: defining what works for the audience of this new medium, overseeing the slate, developing the content, and delivering the shows. The VP will plan and lead the growth of the content team, as it works with external producers to successfully develop, produce, and monetize Eko’s programming; oversee existing and new relationships with production and content partners; and improve development and production processes. The person in this role is a key member of the leadership team.
- Direct end-to end production of original scripted and non-scripted premium interactive series:
- Define Eko’s content plan with the CCO and the senior management team.
- Manage the content team in identifying, developing, producing and delivering content per Eko’s content plan.
- Define and continuously improve processes to support the development and production pipeline.
- Oversee on-time and on-budget execution and delivery to Eko creative standards by empowering, training, and supporting teams of external creators and producers.
- Manage Creative department goals, team, and budget:
- Evolve the content team structure as necessary to support Eko’s business growth; hire, train, manage and mentor the team members.
- Define and manage an efficient department budget to enable the content team to meet the company objectives.
- Collaborate with Eko’s marketing and brand partnerships teams to ensure content plan and slate enables the company to meet its yearly goals for desirable advertising inventory (audience reach and quality, brand safety and thematic guidelines,, etc.)
- Understand the landscape of interactive storytelling and ensure that Eko’s team produces programming at the forefront of the industry.
- Source, train, and manage a vibrant community of creative partners to develop and execute successful productions:
- Define the outreach and partnership strategy in order to attract and attach high-level talent to the shows (including producers, filmmakers, interactive writers, software/design studios and on-camera talent).
- Collaborate with the business team in sourcing, negotiating, and closing development and production deals with external production partners (coming from the film, TV, gaming, digital design/UX, software, and other fields).
- Define and execute a creative support program to onboard future creators and streamline the creation of quality content.
- Partner with Eko’s product team to define the best tools for creators that will maintain Eko at the forefront of serialized interactive content innovation and to define budget and schedules.
- 8-10 years of development and production experience with a large, established production company and/or network on multiple scripted & non-scripted shows for broadcast and cable. Ideally, experience in developing & producing video games or interactive storytelling as well.
- Proven track record of developing premium series from concept to on-time & on-budget delivery.
- Experience managing and successfully scaling a creative team.
- Strong relationships in the creative entertainment community, based on a collaborative spirit and a history of over-delivery.
- Experience in, or a desire to work within, leaner environments such as start-up/young companies that can be more agile and flexible.
- A belief that creators can do more with video than is being done today.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.