VP, MarketingMarketing, New York
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly engaged, digitally native audiences. Our award-winning shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; and are viewable on desktop, mobile, connected TV’s, and VR. Eko Studios, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko’s platform.
We’re building an ecosystem of engaged participants, forward-thinking creators, and innovative brands to pioneer the future of entertainment. Today's top storytellers and studios are signing on with Eko to use its one-of-a-kind platform to push the boundaries of interactivity and user engagement (e.g. the Duplass brothers, MGM). As brands strive to become the new broadcasters and are heavily investing in content, we are showing what is possible when we mix entertainment with commerce -- and are proud to be partnering with Walmart, the world’s leading retailer.
Our investors include Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, Marker, MGM, NEA, Samsung, Sequoia Capital, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Music Group, and WPP. The company (and position) is based in New York with offices in Tel Aviv.
The VP of Marketing will lead all of Eko's consumer and company marketing programs and activities. Key objectives will include setting overall marketing strategy, leading the definition of and building Eko's brand proposition, and defining and executing consumer marketing/audience development, company marketing, and trade (business-to-business) marketing plans.
The successful candidate will build and manage a team that will excel in managing all marketing functions including but not limited to viewer acquisition, paid advertising, promotional programs, PR, events, digital marketing/funnel management, B2B content marketing, audience growth, and market research.
The VP Marketing will have an innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. You must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging to experimentation without sacrificing efficiency.
The successful candidate will take care of self and team in an everchanging environment balancing needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Consumer marketing & viewer acquisition – Develop and execute marketing strategy for growing audience for Eko including marketing plans for individual shows, influencer marketing, distribution partnerships, and managing user acquisition channels and funnels.
- Branding and value proposition - Lead Eko's brand and consumer proposition. Help define target market segments, and partner with the executive team and creative management in defining a programming plan for our target audience.
- Company marketing – Define and execute company marketing programs targeting industry leaders and the investor community to promote and evangelize the company and its point of view, and position the company as the leader in the next generation of entertainment: Stories shaped by you.
- Trade (B2B) marketing - Provide sales and business development professionals the collateral, tools, and ultimately leads they need to close business. Initial focus is on developing business with advertisers; over time focus will expand to content provider and publisher partners.
- Define, manage, and execute all marketing programs and channels including viewer acquisition funnel management, marketing asset creation, PR, events, CRM, research, social media, content marketing, and other digital marketing activities to support all of the above.
- MBA or equivalent experience, with 10-15 years of experience.
- Experience building a brand and developing an audience or user base in a digital B2C business.
- Outstanding creative skills with a track record of delivering award winning creative campaigns for entertainment or leading brands.
- Experience in marketing in a successful startup or growth company.
- Ability to recruit and motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple objectives.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.