VP, Partner StrategyBrand Partnerships, New York
Eko is a media and technology company pioneering a new medium in which stories told in live action video are shaped by viewers as they unfold. We provide the leading technology platform for the creation and delivery of serial interactive video entertainment and partner with media companies, independent creators and top brands to create experiences for highly-engaged, digitally native audiences. Our serialized shows are distributed through HelloEko.com, affiliate partners, and social networks; available on desktop, mobile, connected TVs, and VR. Eko Studio, which includes our free authoring tools, is also home to a growing community of creators crafting their own interactive experiences with Eko's platform.
Our partners include:
- Entertainment Companies and Top Hollywood Creators: MGM Studios, Sony, CBS, Warner Music Group; and many others.
- Brand Marketers: Coca-Cola, L’Oréal, Lincoln Motors, Shell; Dos Equis; MTV; NBC; Disney; BMW and many others, who seek to reach Eko’s highly engaged audiences with impactful interactive video brand advertising, delivered within Eko’s original interactive experiences and on a standalone basis.
- Digital Publishers and Social Platforms, who extend Eko’s reach in creating and distributing original interactive entertainment.
Eko is backed by leading venture capital and strategic investors, including Sequoia Capital, NEA, Marker, Innovation Endeavors, Intel Capital, MGM, Warner Music Group, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Samsung.
The company is looking to recruit a VP of Partner Strategy to oversee all aspects of client relationship management, including defining client goals and KPIs, developing annual and campaign plans with clients, managing overall programs to achieve success and ultimately renewals and increased revenue. This position will oversee a small team and be based out of Eko’s New York offices. This person will report to and work closely with Jim Spare, President and COO.
- Work closely with Eko’s new business and executive team to present, close and onboard large 7-figure client partnerships and ensure that client programs are planned appropriately, run smoothly, and program KPIs are met (and that clients renew).
- Develop specific client program goals in conjunction with client executive teams, define campaign components (which will include a mix of creative production and media within Eko’s interactive experiences), and overall KPIs for success.
- Working with Eko’s Director of Production and Creative Directors, and external partners, manage client relationships and programs to meet or exceed agreed goals and KPIs.
- Work closely with brands to create larger, strategic partnerships, and Eko’s internal team to refine and evolve Eko’s ad product offering. This is a client facing role that will provide innovative solutions and thought leadership to new and existing clients.
- Utilize research, data and analytics to develop strategies to clients which soundly deliver campaigns to reach needed KPIs.
- Serve a key member of Eko’s business team and work collaboratively with other business functions to identify and create new products, solutions and revenue opportunities.
- 7+ years of experience in high-level client strategy, account management and/or customer success roles, working closely with brand marketers at an agency, digital publisher/content owner, or an entertainment company.
- Client-facing leader who works collaboratively with brand clients and has a track record of partnering with new business teams to help win new business.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience overseeing teams. This is a player/coach role.
- Proven track record of exceeding KPIs around customer retention, revenue growth from existing partners, and working closely with brands to create larger partnerships.
- Experience working at a consulting firm in a previous role is preferred.
- A proven track record of developing processes, best practices, and work flow procedures to ensure quality assurance, and customer programs and expectations are met.
- A history of recruiting, developing and retaining talent.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/BA degree required, MBA strongly preferred.
Key Behavioral Traits
- A charismatic, credible, personable and high energy leader who sets extremely high standards for self and team.
- Inclusive, participative, and collaborative. Provides strong leadership but encourages input from the team in the decision-making process.
- Highly self-motivated, objective driven, and accountable. Relentless in execution and follow through.
- A belief in the value of a creative approach to everything; ability to thrive in an unstructured environment.
- Exceptional communicator, whether speaking on a platform or in one-on- one communication, and able to forge and maintain senior executive client relationships.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire.
Interlude US Inc. (dba., Eko) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.